You may never look at a piece of meat the same way ever, ever again.
These are macrophotographs of various popular meat products. These photographs come courtesy of photographer Mike Adams, who used a Canon Digital Rebel XT camera with a high-end macrophotography lens and an expensive flash unit to capture the intricate detail shown in the photos.
Adams went to a big box store and bought some packages of popular processed meat products, and then started clicking away.
Below are his photos. Keep in mind that none of these photos are photoshopped.
1) Here’s a salami at regular size. It’s made with ground-up cow hearts.
4) This is a 3x magnification shot of the same slices of salami.
5) And this is a 4x magnification shot.
1) Here’s a popular brand of sausage.
2) Here’s a 1x magnification of a cross-section of the sausage.
3) Here’s a 2x magnification of the very same sausage.
4) Here’s a 3x magnification
5) And here’s a 4x magnification.
1) Is this your favorite brand?
2) A 1x magnification of the inside of a weiner.
2) Here’s a 2x magnification.
4) And last but not least, a 4x magnification.
So, I hope you enjoyed this series on meat, and it gives you food for thought (no pun intended).
See you next time.